It’s that time of the year where we all make promises to ourselves and the “new me.” Here are some resolutions that may feel familiar: give up drinking, go to the gym, and spend more time with family. The list goes on, but today I hope to inspire you with. I want to inspire you with some unique, possibly bizarre, resolutions that people are making (and sharing) in 2020.
- Buying 10 items or less (of clothing) ALL YEAR
- Stop talking, start doing!
- Find a running or swimming buddy
- Cook a new dish every week
- Book all doctor’s visits for the year
- Become a plant owner
- Sanitize your phone WEEKLY
- Write notes to yourself
- Give yourself more compliments
- Be current about current events
- Play darts with a map, travel where it hits
- Daily acts of kindness
- Be a mentor, a role model
- Talk on the phone, to a loved one, every week
- Find a new source of income
- Stand up straight
- Hug your family
- Let go of toxic people and situations
- Forgive yourself for the past
- UNFOLLOW negative people and pages
- Judge people (and situations) less
- Accept compliments
- Be bored from time to time
- Say “yes” more often
- Talk to a stranger every week
Do any of these resolutions seem familiar? Did you set yours yet? I tried to grab as many unique resolutions to find inspiration in as I possibly could. If you haven’t set your personal resolutions yet, keep the above list in mind as you make goals for your life in 2020. It’s a new year, but also a new decade entirely. There is plenty of time to reinvent yourself if that’s what you’re needing right now.
If you’ve already set some goals for yourself, let us know what they are in the comments!